Vice President of Sales, Telemundo San Diego
Job Title Vice President of Sales, Telemundo San Diego
Location: San Diego, CA, 92108, USA
Description **Job Number** 31683BR
**Job Title** Vice President of Sales, Telemundo San Diego
**Business Segment** Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
**Sub-Business** NBCUOTS - KNSD
**Posting Category** Sales
**About Us** NBCUniversal is launching a new Telemundo-owned station in San Diego. This is an exciting project that will expand NBC 7 / KNSD’s news staff with a new team of Spanish-speaking and bilingual journalists to launch the new station. Both news teams will serve local Spanish- and English-speaking viewers. The new Telemundo station team will work closely with KNSD team members in NBC 7’s new state-of-the-art facility in Kearny Mesa, California.
NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 29 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network and their associated websites and digital platforms, as well as a group of out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company and two national multicast networks, COZI TV and TeleXitos. The local stations, which can be viewed in 37 percent of U.S. homes and in Puerto Rico, produce and deliver their local communities compelling and unique local news, real-time weather forecasts, consumer and investigative reports and entertainment programming across all platforms to help keep their English and Spanish-speaking audiences informed anytime and anywhere.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
**City** San Diego
General Responsibilities: This position reports directly to the NBC 7 San Diego General Manager, and oversees the Telemundo San Diego sales team.
• Oversee entire sales and marketing department. Ensure employees work and sell with integrity and uphold Telemundo San Diego sales standards.
• Clearly communicate expectations of performance; recruit, establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff through Telemundo San Diego’s performance management process.
• Work with local leadership team and senior management in NY on creating a sales and marketing strategy for taking our station on-air and digital ad revenue to the next level and communicate strategy to sales group.
• Monitor the marketplace for changes that affect sales activities, both directly and indirectly. Identify new opportunities for sales as a result of new entrants, changing technology and/or delivery systems, etc., and develop sales strategies targeted specifically to address these specialized needs.
• Provide strategic input to setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development opportunities for the sales team.
• Oversee pricing, sales planning, inventory management and revenue forecasting functions.
• Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other station departments such as News, Creative Services, and Community Affairs to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability through all station channels.
• Deliver sales presentations to NBC Local Media corporate senior management and assist local sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing major deals when needed.
• Ensure consistent station image throughout commercials, promotional materials, and events.
• Minimum 10 years prior experience in a TV, broadcast, digital sales or marketing managerial role.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a sales department, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in the television sales industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com.
• Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred.
• A results-driven focus and a detail-oriented mindset with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
• Solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships
• Superior project management skills - including excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams.
• Working knowledge of data-processing tools including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
• Familiarity with pricing strategies and exceptional financial, analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Thorough understanding of current events, local businesses and business issues in San Diego and surrounding areas a plus.
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more VP of Sales Jobs
- View more Management/Finance/Administration/IT Jobs
- View more Sales Jobs
- View more NBC Jobs