Story Producer, Telemundo San Diego
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
Job Title Story Producer, Telemundo San Diego
Location: San Diego, CA, 92108, USA
Description **Job Number** 31693BR
**Job Title** Story Producer, Telemundo San Diego
**Business Segment** Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
**Sub-Business** NBCUOTS - KNSD
**Posting Category** TV Content & Production
**About Us** NBCUniversal is launching a new Telemundo-owned station in San Diego. This is an exciting project that will expand NBC 7 / KNSD’s news staff with a new team of Spanish-speaking and bilingual journalists to launch the new station. Both news teams will serve local Spanish- and English-speaking viewers. The new Telemundo station team will work closely with KNSD team members in NBC 7’s new state-of-the-art facility in Kearny Mesa, California.
NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 29 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network and their associated websites and digital platforms, as well as a group of out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company and two national multicast networks, COZI TV and TeleXitos. The local stations, which can be viewed in 37 percent of U.S. homes and in Puerto Rico, produce and deliver their local communities compelling and unique local news, real-time weather forecasts, consumer and investigative reports and entertainment programming across all platforms to help keep their English and Spanish-speaking audiences informed anytime and anywhere.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
**City** San Diego
General Responsibilities: As a Story Producer, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching, writing, and editing content for daily news broadcasts televised or distributed via digital/multi-platforms.
• Gather, edit, and assemble local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic for broadcast and multi-platform applications.
• Conceptualize stories with producers, reporter, and talent, critique production and writing of news stories and edit stories and related video.
• Communicate with show producers and digital team to meet content need requirements.
• Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types.
• Prepare pre-pro, tease, edit and archive tapes.
• Write text articles, publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial “voice”.
• Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness.
• Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices.
• Help maintain video archive system.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news.
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience in a professional medium to large sized broadcast market or digital environment or equivalent.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to write succinctly and with flair.
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content.
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring that news as published is 100% accurate without typos or errors.
• Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
• Experience of working in content management systems required.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
• Must be willing to work in San Diego
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
• Knowledge of San Diego city and regions and it’s political and social personalities
• Proficient with Edius/Grass Valley or similar non-linear digital editing platform
• Knowledge of Video on Demand Server (VOD)
• Perform basics of photojournalism.
• Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, Stratus systems a plus
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Producer Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more News/Programming/Production Jobs
- View more Reporter Jobs
- View more NBC Jobs