Sales Account Executive, Telemundo San Diego
Job Title Sales Account Executive, Telemundo San Diego
Location: San Diego, CA, 92108, USA
Description **Job Number** 31686BR
**Job Title** Sales Account Executive, Telemundo San Diego
**Business Segment** Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
**Sub-Business** NBCUOTS - KNSD
**Posting Category** Sales
**About Us** NBCUniversal is launching a new Telemundo-owned station in San Diego. This is an exciting project that will expand NBC 7 / KNSD’s news staff with a new team of Spanish-speaking and bilingual journalists to launch the new station. Both news teams will serve local Spanish- and English-speaking viewers. The new Telemundo station team will work closely with KNSD team members in NBC 7’s new state-of-the-art facility in Kearny Mesa, California.
NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 29 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network and their associated websites and digital platforms, as well as a group of out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company and two national multicast networks, COZI TV and TeleXitos. The local stations, which can be viewed in 37 percent of U.S. homes and in Puerto Rico, produce and deliver their local communities compelling and unique local news, real-time weather forecasts, consumer and investigative reports and entertainment programming across all platforms to help keep their English and Spanish-speaking audiences informed anytime and anywhere.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
**City** San Diego
General Responsibilities: The Sales Account Executive is primarily responsible for delivering sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station’s multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is important, from large cap, medium and small businesses. The Sales Account Executive will be expected to meet quarterly targets by identifying and prospecting new businesses at a high level of entry. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, maintain and incrementally grow sales revenue by connecting a company’s marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of Telemundo San Diego’s content distribution platforms.
• Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional, community and event revenue for Telemundo San Diego.
• Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of Telemundo with the ultimate goal of monetizing Telemundo San Diego properties.
• Negotiate and service agency business and create and understand television metrics.
• Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands/businesses and drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, mobile, digital, out-of-home and all other multi-marketing platforms.
• Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc.
• Organize management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting.
• Learn NBC Salesforce systems and Traffic/Order flow processes.
• Create presentations using MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• Present sales proposals and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in sales and/or marketing roles.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Diego, CA and surrounding areas.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Agency, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred.
• Solutions-sell thinker with the ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and able to respond with creative ideas and solutions.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise.
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale.
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges.
• Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
• Broad-based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms.
• Innovative approach to a changing marketplace.
• Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization.
• Competitive with a desire to win.
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.