- Arts / Entertainment / Media
Job Title Photographer
Location: Houston, TX, 77007, USA
Description **Job Number** 31630BR
**Job Title** Photographer
**Business Segment** Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
**Sub-Business** NBCUOTS - TLM KTMD
**Posting Category** TV Content & Production
**About Us** NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
NBCUniversal’s Owned and Operated Television station in the Houston area, KTMD-TV Telemundo Housotn, is looking for a Photographer/Editor. As a Photographer/Editor, you will be responsible for shooting, editing and some live shots.
• Will operate camera equipment, occasional live truck operation, and edit on Edius Pro edit systems.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate personnel.
•Knowledge on how to operate news studio and control room switcher, studio lights, audio board, studio cameras and prompter.
The person hired for this position will split his duties between, Shooting in the field and Editing in house for the newscasts as needed. Some other studio duties may apply as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Minimum 5 years experience shooting videotape and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
• Minimum 5 years experience editing stories.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must submit a resume tape of your most recent work to be considered.
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
~Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. To 30 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must have the ability to work any variety of shifts including weekends.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years Photography/editing experience in a medium or major market TV News station
• Knowledge of P2 cameras and Edius Pro edit systems.
• Knowledge of wireless newsgathering technology
• Team player who is flexible
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Photographer Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Reporter Jobs
- View more NBC Jobs