- Arts / Entertainment / Media
* Coordinates efforts of Anchors, Reporters, Editors and other staff toward crafting compelling newscast.
* Develops day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the stations' profitable newscasts. Essential Job Functions 50 Previews news material before airing. Writes, edits and researches show elements. Prepares interview segments. Coordinates breaking stories. Selects graphics and pre-production elements. Proof reads scripts. Coordinates breaking news and executes show in the control room. Edits video as necessary. 10 Collaborates with executive producer, reporters, assignment desk and photographers to determine the content of broadcasts. Participates in story planning meetings. 10 Times the show while on air; meets all requirements of commercial content and off-times. 10 Conceptualizes innovative graphic and pre-production elements. Monitors and works to constantly improve and evolve the look and execution of newscasts. 10 Coordinates with creative services department to develop effective promotions for upcoming shows, newscasts and events. 10 Assists the assignment desk and edits tape as necessary.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Meredith Local Media Group offers great career opportunities to be a part of a company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver the best news product to our viewers through multiple platforms. We always surround ourselves with talented, smart, compassionate people in a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment. Meredith currently owns 14 television stations that include FOX, NBC affiliates and two MY Networks and one Independent station. Click the Contact Us tab to view our station locations.
We reach local audiences in more than 10 million U.S. households in top markets. Our network affiliates use the power of television backed by our trusted brands and our local digital and mobile sites to create compelling and effective marketing solutions for clients.
About Meredith Corporation: (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands - including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Allrecipes.com, Fitness, More, American Baby, EveryDay with Rachael Ray and FamilyFun- along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms - including print, television, online, mobile, tablets, and video - to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith Corporation Headquarters
1716 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Meredith Local Media Group Human Resources
View Similar Jobs:
- View more News Producer Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more News/Programming/Production Jobs
- View more Reporter Jobs
- View more Meredith Jobs