National Sales Manager- KBLR
Job Title National Sales Manager- KBLR
Location: Las Vegas, NV, 89102, USA
Description **Job Number** 30917BR
**Job Title** National Sales Manager- KBLR
**Business Segment** Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
**Sub-Business** NBCUOTS - TLM KBLR
**Posting Category** Sales
**About Us** NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 16 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 5,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group offers support to 52 affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a digital out-of-home operation that reaches consumers in 17 Hispanic markets.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
**City** Las Vegas
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for directing the national sales efforts of KBLR.
• Work with each national sales office to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to achieve/surpass revenue targets.
• Work with President and General Manager, KBLR Sales Managers and Research department on sales planning and pricing strategies, inventory management, market growth and revenue forecasting.
• Direct the national sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with national reps. Provide quick response and turnaround to the national sales team and deliver on timelines and commitments.
• Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams and lead execution of activation and integration sponsorships. Work with Research to create presentations and determine estimates on programs.
• Identify local decision makers impacting national buys
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum 5 years (in a top 10 market) broadcast media sales experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as National Sales manager (medium to large market)
• A demonstrated record of growing market share and outperforming the market.
• Ability to understand the big picture and long-term objectives, positive mental attitude, sense of professionalism, team orientation, resourcefulness and client focus.
• Excellent communication skills, initiative, creativity, detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills required.
• Strong sense of drive and ambition.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice when circumstances warrant.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Industry contacts, client list including both agencies and client direct contacts
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communications skills.
• Knowledge of the Internet and digital media landscape.
• Experience with multi-platform campaigns.
• Knowledge of sales computer applications.
• Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions.
• Bilingual - English/Spanish preferred.
• National Sales Manager experience in a medium to major market.
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.