Investigative Producer, NBC News Investigative Unit
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
Job Title Investigative Producer, NBC News Investigative Unit
Location: New York, NY, 10176, USA
Description **Job Number** 31130BR
**Job Title** Investigative Producer, NBC News Investigative Unit
**Business Segment** NBC News Group
**Sub-Business** NBC News
**Posting Category** TV Content & Production
**About Us** NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United States
**State/Province** New York
**City** New York
NBC News is seeking a seasoned investigative producer, to join our Investigative Unit.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
• Pitching and developing original story ideas for NBC News broadcast, cable, and digital platforms.
• Reporting and writing original, interesting compelling and engaging stories.
• Executing assignments generated by news editors.
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production of delegated assignments including casting, booking, writing, graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots.
• Shooting video, still photography, and video editing as needed.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science, history, English, or a related field of study.
• 5 years experience as an investigative reporter, writer, producer and/or editor at a news organization, or a comparable body of freelance work.
• Production experience in breaking news, feature reporting, and long-form television.
• A strong news background including covering breaking news in a competitive environment, with staff newsroom experience.
• Ability to shoot video and still photography for digital platforms
• Existing network of sources in key areas (politics, criminal justice, and/or transit) across the New York metro area and/or Northeast.
Additional Job Requirements
+ Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
+ Must be willing to work in New York
+ Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
+ Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
+ Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Native curiosity in just about everything, and desire to look far and wide for good stories.
• Proven team player, willing to pitch in on any and all projects.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• High comfort level on executing assignments generated by editors.
• Knowledge of NBC News policies, guidelines and practices.
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Investigator Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more News/Programming/Production Jobs
- View more Reporter Jobs
- View more NBC Jobs