- Arts / Entertainment / Media
* Exercise strong news judgment and review newscast rundowns with an eye toward promotable content,
* Engage in creative content development following up on viewer submission of story ideas via Facebook, Twitter and other online sources, as well as official sources
* Motivate staff and encourage "buy in" for station's news brand, news strategies and action plans,
* Work with multi-media reporters/photographers to determine direction of stories and expectations.
* Works closely with assignment desk on coverage, story selection, live coverage, assignment of reporters and crews.
* Collaborate with producers on rundowns, story selection, formats, graphic elements, content and pace and flow of newscasts.
* Supervise long term planning for sweeps and special events.
* Other duties as assigned Essential Job Functions 45% - Oversee the creation, planning, production and daily delivery of live/pre-recorded and studio/field news for all day parts. Implements key strategies to improve product and ratings 30% - Write and produce a daily primary newscast 15% - Contribute to station's online and digital efforts 10% - Supervise special projects and coverage for sweeps and special events
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Meredith Local Media Group offers great career opportunities to be a part of a company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver the best news product to our viewers through multiple platforms. We always surround ourselves with talented, smart, compassionate people in a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment. Meredith currently owns 14 television stations that include FOX, NBC affiliates and two MY Networks and one Independent station. Click the Contact Us tab to view our station locations.
We reach local audiences in more than 10 million U.S. households in top markets. Our network affiliates use the power of television backed by our trusted brands and our local digital and mobile sites to create compelling and effective marketing solutions for clients.
About Meredith Corporation: (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands - including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Allrecipes.com, Fitness, More, American Baby, EveryDay with Rachael Ray and FamilyFun- along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms - including print, television, online, mobile, tablets, and video - to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith Corporation Headquarters
1716 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Meredith Local Media Group Human Resources
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Executive Producer Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more News/Programming/Production Jobs
- View more Reporter Jobs
- View more Meredith Jobs