- Arts / Entertainment / Media
Job Title Camera Operator
Location: London, GBR
Description **Job Number** 31813BR
**Job Title** Camera Operator
**Business Segment** NBC News Group
**Sub-Business** NBC News International
**Posting Category** Digital Media
**About Us** NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, NightlyNews.com, social media, apps and all of the network’s digital initiatives.
**Career Level** Experienced
**Country** United Kingdom
**State/Province** - -
NBC News is looking for a Camera Operator to assist with newsgathering operations and special projects within the Engel Unit. Working with Richard Engel and the unit’s senior producer in some of the most remote and difficult places in the world, you will be expected to perform multiple field technical duties including field editing and multi-camera remote productions. In addition, one-person crew operations (video/sound) will be required.
• Deploy, operate and maintain cameras, along with all associated peripheral equipment.
• Deploy, operate and maintain digital satellite laptop IP and liveU type systems in both urban and rural settings worldwide.
• Deploy, operate and maintain compliment of portable lighting equipment to include LED, Incandescent, and fluorescent fixtures, stands, extension arms, silks, scrims and flags.
• Assist in designing, planning, and implementing the appropriate technical infrastructures at remote locations working with both editorial and technical teams and staying consistent with budgetary guidelines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have at least 5 years major market experience in shooting news and feature programming productions.
• Must have experience in satellite telephone operation, store and forward video, and live field production operations.
• Experience covering international stories, conflict zones and natural disasters.
• Strong NLE editing skills necessary in both field situations and bureau work.
• Heavy lifting involved.
• Demonstrable creativity skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Can work independently and react quickly to challenging situations, using good news judgment.
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• Full English language capabilities.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to travel on short notice when necessary to cover news in war and terror environments
• Must have a valid and clean driver’s license.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
The NBC Owned Television Stations create and distribute engaging content that connects with a valuable audience in 10 major markets across the country. Our content platforms include: NBC Stations broadcast and COZI TV, station websites, digital out-of home, and mobile. Through our local news operations, our lifestyle production arm LX.TV, and our local sales marketing and production teams, NBC creates content that connects communities with the people, events, and issues they care about most.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Camera Operator Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more News/Programming/Production Jobs
- View more NBC Jobs