Bilingual Sales Manager - Mundo HispanicoLocation Atlanta, Georgia Job Number 170872 Brand The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
This position is responsible and accountable for managing team of Advertising Sales Executives to meet/exceed sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing on targeted customers. This position is responsible for new business development and sales team development within the Mundo Hispanico family of products. Manages sales of the AJC Hispanic product portfolio (i.e., print, online, etc.). Manages some key accounts as well.
Creates and develops effective sales team
- Works with HR and management to recruit and hire sales employees.
- Coaches and develops direct reports to ensure high performance and address areas of needed improvement.
- Motivates employees to retain an effective sales force and ensure high performance (i.e., individual and team).
- Play active role with key accounts
- Works with team to ensure high quality service for customer queries.
- Monitor metrics and measures to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Supports new business sales and customer retention processes
- Handles the transition of established, new business clients to maintain strong customer relationships and support revenue and market share growth.
- Works to develop and strengthen customer retention programs
Participates in product development planning
- Works with the General Manager to understand customer needs and company products.
- Coordinates with the General Manager in planning and implementing sales promotions, strategies, and launch of new products.
Sets sales team targets and analyzes sales performance
- Develops and implements sales strategies across all products.
- Achieves revenue goals for Mundo Hispanico Sales team.
- Sets and implements team targets and forecasts to provide direction for sales activities.
- Uses department goals to set individual team member monthly and quarterly performance objectives andmeasure achievements.
- Manages the processing of all product orders accurately and on time pursuant to AJC determined deadlines.
- Utilizes AJC internal systems to service customer needs (e.g. order processing, credit, creative, etc.).
- Laser focused on building and strengthening ad revenues in our portfolio of advertising products.
- Build and Develop a strong, multimedia, new business sales team that is customer focused, building strong advertiser relationships, growing active accounts and increasing ad revenues.
- Attain assigned team goals and directives.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, preferred.
5+ years of advertising sales and account retention management experience within the retail environment. Experience managing employees required. Multi-media sales experience preferred. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES,COMPETENCIES:
- Strong selling and customer relationship building ability.
- Goal oriented with a talent for developing and motivating employees.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Superior communication capabilities (verbal, written, presentation, phone).
- Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals within a highly accountable environment.
- Ability to build an effective team and work as a team member.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong presentation skills
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing